Under the supervision of the Cellarmaster, this position will perform routine cellar duties.
These duties include but not limited to the following:
· Follow and observe all safe cellar practices
· Sanitation in all areas (facility and equipment)
· Equipment set-up
· Balance work orders
· Wine transfer, racking and blending
· Understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping
· Filter operation, pressure leaf, lees, pad, membrane, and sterile filtration
· Chemical addition to wine and juice
· Team leader, ability to direct team members to achieve established production standards
· Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Forklift operation, barrels and case goods
· Other duties assigned by Foreperson or Cellarmaster
The individual selected for this position must be reliable, possess a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company. IN addition, this person must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest season.
A minimum of 3-5 years previous winery experience. A complete knowledge and skill level to operate all winery equipment. Two years’ experience in supervising or leading a crew to accomplish multiple tasks.